Help I.C.E. Support the Nasvhille Community
Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. The Center serves nearly 4,000 youths and families in direct support each year through 20+ programs and services based on the foundation of four areas for youth success – Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity. All of our work is also firmly rooted in the evidence-based principles of Positive Youth Development and Trauma-Informed Care.
- Just Us: Just Us is dedicated to helping lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth achieve their full potential. The program provides an array of services centered on support and advocacy. And it’s not just teens who benefit. Just Us offers loads of resources and assistance for families and agencies who work with young people.
- Reaching Excellence as Leaders (REAL): In partnership with Davidson County Juvenile Court, the REAL program provides opportunities for young people to engage in leadership and life skills development. The 13-week experience connects youth with positive adult mentors, helps them reflect on their identity, and engages them in the community so they feel a stronger sense of belonging and purpose. Youth also build skills to deal with the high amounts of stress and trauma they face in their everyday lives. The program also engages families in a weekend retreat and sponsor fun activities so youth and families can spend quality time together and deepen their relationships.
- Oasis Transitions: Sometimes life gets in the way of college and career goals. Oasis Transitions helps young people, ages 16–24, find a good job and get on track to achieving career dreams. Examples of support include: finding a job that’s a right fit, enrolling in college or vocational program, learning how to manage money, receive support taking care of personal needs that may stand in the way of success, and develop leadership skills.
UpRise Nashville is a career development program that provides training in highly sought-after skills along with leadership and personal development, to give Nashvillians a way to stop living paycheck to paycheck and launch a career. A cornerstone of our program is sustained, meaningful relationships that help student Leaders thrive in their communities, and better support their families.
Uprise Nashville is a program in three phases:
- Training Camp: We’ll focus on your personal development, helping you to reach your potential and develop personally so you can succeed professionally.
- Education and Certification: You choose a career track and complete a certification or pre-apprenticeship program. Programs can be completed in as little as three weeks.
- Job placement: With a new certification or apprentice-based skill, we work with you to land the first job in your new career.