Below are practical tips for sharing the value of this event with your Board or supervisor to justify your attendance.
1. Directly connect your professional development and your organization’s goals to I.C.E. Exchange education.
- Review the 2023 Session Schedule and identify specific session that best meet your goals. Share this with your leadership or supervisor.
- If you are applying for or maintaining your ICE-CCP or your Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential through ASAE, communicate this event will allow you to earn up to 19.5 hours of credit.
2. Emphasize how your entire organization will benefit from your attendance.
Consider what you can do to involve your team members to maximize your organization’s return of investment.
- Customize I.C.E.'s sample action plan to a) track all of the knowledge resources you will acquire and b) identify how you will directly apply the information to your role.
- Ask your colleagues about their emerging needs. Visit the Innovation Hall (Exhibit Hall) to bring back contacts and information on products and services that can save you and your team valuable time and money.
- Share speaker handouts with your colleagues, and hold a lunch and learn to dissect the new or applicable concepts.
- Volunteer to present on key conference themes and/or host a Q&A with your department.
3. Provide the conference information and cost considerations in one place.
Customize our sample letter which summarizes how the conference will help you advance your professional development, make valuable networking connections and improve your organization. Customize the communication to break-down the specific costs and outline the anticipated return on investment.
Send one staff member and strengthen your entire team. Your team member can download handouts, take notes, and present an educational summary to your department post-conference.
Send multiple staff members and gain more content. Immediately collaborate on new solutions for your organization while the educational concepts are fresh, and network with fellow attendees to share lessons learned on similar initiatives. I.C.E. offers a $40 discount on each full conference registration when four or more individuals from an organization register to attend.