After closely monitoring the continued impact of COVID-19, ICE has made the decision to cancel the in-person 2020 ICE Exchange, November 8 – 11 in Miami Beach, Florida. Please review our FAQ page for additional information
First-Time Attendees: You're Not Alone!
Attending a conference for the first time can be overwhelming. ICE is a friendly and welcoming community. We’re happy you’ll be joining us!
To help you prepare, review the information below. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Katie Scott at email@example.com.
What to Expect
Learn from Previous First-Time Attendees
Read the Credentialing Insights article, Meaningful Connections, Actionable Learning: First-Time Attendees on the ICE Exchange, to hear from two first-time attendees.
We encourage you to attend the First Time Attendee Reception Monday, November 18 from 5:00 - 6:00 pm. Hosted by ICE's Program Committee, this reception is designed to encourage networking among other first-time attendees and provide an opportunity for you to meet ICE's volunteer leaders.This is an invitation-only event for first-time attendees.
ICE strives to offer educational programming for all types of learners. Familiarize yourself with the general conference schedule.
Consider attending sessions:
- 10 Top Legal Risks for Credentialing Organizations
- A Validity Model for Certification Exams: Four facets to increase validity and defensibility
- Assessing and Managing the Inherent Risks to Your Certification Program
- Be COOL- Serve the Military Through Certification, Credentialing, and Credit By Exam
- Crisis Communication: Hindsight is 20/20
- Demystifying Psychometrics
- Five Game-Changing Trends That Should Be on Your Radar Screen
- Getting Beyond “It Depends” – Psychometricians Debate Hot Topics in Credentialing, 2nd Edition
- Innovation in Credentialing: Transformative Trends in Assessment
- Lessons Learned and Key Considerations from the NCCA Live Remote Proctoring Assessment Project
- NCCA Report on Live Remote Proctoring Assessment Results
- Practical Ways to Improve your Program Reach Through Digital Marketing
- Practice Analysis Surveys: Does the Method Make a Difference?
- Quality Management 101: Developing a System You Can Manage
- Standard Setting: Don’t Forget The Fundamentals
- Update on Legislation Affecting Certification and Certification Renewal
How to Prepare
Plan your Schedule and Download the App
The majority of attendees state they attend the ICE Exchange for the educational opportunities. Select the sessions you want to attend ahead of time, and mark them in the mobile app. (Mobile App information will be shared a month ahead of the conference).
Come Prepared to Network
- Bring your business cards and come prepared to meet your fellow credentialing professionals during educational sessions, meals in the Innovation Hall, and networking events.
- Consider volunteering. This provides a structured way to meet other attendees.
- Know that you are not alone! Approximately 30% of attendees are first-timers too.
Make Time for Yourself
We all know conferences can be tiring. Make sure to schedule some down time for yourself.