Can we do that? Ask the Experts on Certificate Program Standards used for Accreditation
Track: Assessment-Based Certificate Programs
As experts on the standards used for accreditation of certificate programs by ICE (ICE 1100) and ANSI (ASTM E2659), the presenters will tackle the top questions they hear from potential and current applicants.
After a brief introduction on the differences between certification and certificate programs and why an organization would develop one vs the other, the following questions and more will be addressed:
- Must we conduct a practice analysis?
- Must we identify a criterion-referenced passing score?
- Must the test be proctored?
- Can individuals test out of the coursework?
- Can we have ongoing requirements for certificate maintenance?
- Can we grant a designation?
- What is required for ongoing review of the course and test?
Then, the audience will have a chance to ask their own questions. Sometimes the answers are different for each standard; when this occurs, the presenters will outline the differences.