Technology Enhanced Assessment: Applications and Opportunities in Credentialing
Track: Test Development and Administration
A panel of experts in technology enhanced assessment will lead an engaging and interactive discussion that will highlight issues, challenges, and solutions in the application of technology for the design and delivery of credentialing exams. The panel will draw from their diverse backgrounds and experiences in various types of certification and licensing programs to provide insight into current and emerging applications of technology in assessment. They will also discuss the interplay between technology, innovative items types, simulations, secure delivery and forensic procedures to ensure the integrity of exam processes.
The panelists will answer questions, such as:
- What is the state of the art in technology enhanced assessment?
- How has the use of technology improved the quality of assessment?
- Are simulations cost-effective? What are the considerations?
- How can technology be used today to ensure secure delivery?
- What are the challenges in using technology enhanced assessment for design? For delivery?
- What are the opportunities for credentialing examination programs to leverage technology?
The session will include brief introduction and background on the topic, followed by panel discussions of each of the focal questions, with invited audience interaction during the session, incorporating a variety of perspectives and questions from the credentialing community.